Table of Contents
- Curtis Institute of Music Archives
- Mildred Oonk Collection
- MSS 10
- Date [bulk]
- Bulk, 1936-1941
- Date [inclusive]
- 0.2 Linear feet (1 folder)
- The Mildred Oonk collection contains programs of recitals and concerts that Oonks attended while a student at the Curtis Institute of Music, as well as a program of Monday Musicales (1916) and a brochure of the National Youth Administration Symphony Orchestra of Philadelphia (1941).
Mildred Jensen Oonk studied at the Curtis Institute of Music with Louis Bailly and Max Aronoff in 1936-37. She went on to get her bachelor’s at Grinnell College and played with the Nashville Symphony Orchestra.
Curtis Institute of Music Archives 2016
1726 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
The collection is open for research
Scope and content
The materials were donated by by Mildred Oonk in 1991.
Controlled Access Headings
- Oonk, Mildred Jensen, 1918-2008
- Curtis institute of Music–concert programs
|Program “Monday Musicales” by the Philadelphia Orchestra at the Curtis Publishing Company 1916, Feb 21||MSS 1||4|
|Overtones autographed by Max Aronoff, 1936, May||MSS 1||4|
|Programs of recitals and performances attended, including the Academy of Music (with attached parquet and proscenium box tickets provided by the Curtis Institute of Music). 1936-1937||MSS 1||4|
|Program National Youth Administration Symphony Orchestra of Philadelphia 1941||MSS 1||4|