Table of Contents
- Curtis Institute of Music Archives
- Richardson, John (1906-2004)
- John Richardson collection
- MSS 36
- Date [inclusive]
- 0.1 Linear feet (2 folders)
- Scope and Content
- The collection contains (2) letters from Curtis administrators about Richardson’s first year at Curtis, student recital programs and photographs (including group photos of Curtis students), and autographed photos of faculty members.
John Richardson (1906-2004), a child prodigy on the violin, studied under Professor J.W.F. Leman. Prior to his acceptance at the Curtis Institute of Music in 1926 he was already an experienced performer. After completing his study Curtis in 1929, he played with the Philadelphia Orchestra, the Dallas Symphony, and the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. In addition to his concert career, Richardson also composed several musical and theatrical works.
Curtis Institute of Music Archives 2016
1726 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Controlled Access Headings
- Hancock, Susan
- Richardson, John, 1906-2004
- Curtis Institute of Music–Photographs
Gift of Richardson’s sister Susan Hancock in 2004.
|Correspondence and student recital programs 1926-1929||Box MSS 2||Folder 8|
|Group photographs or Curtis students and autographed photographs of Curtis faculty and others (list included) 1926-1929||Drawer 3||Folder 604|
|Box PH 16 (oversize)|