Table of Contents
- Curtis Institute of Music Archives
- Isabelle Vengerova memorabilia collection
- MSS 02
- Date [inclusive]
- 0.05 Linear feet (one folder)
- General Physical description
- Includes photographs.
- The Isabelle Vengerova memorabilia collection consists of photos, letters and reminiscenses, including materials gathered on the occasion of the dedication of the Isabella Vengerova room at the Curtis Institute of Music in 1989.
The Russian-born pianist Isabelle Vengerova taught at the Imperial Conservatory in St. Petersburg from 1906 to 1920, and toured the USSR and Europa before settling in the United States in 1923. She joined the faculty of the Curtis Institute of Music in 1924 and the Mannes College of Music in 1933, teaching in both institutions until she died in 1956
Curtis Institute of Music Archives 2016
1726 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Materials were contributed by former students of Vengerova at the Curtis Institute of Music.
Existence and location of copies
The originals and additional photographs can be found in the Photograph Collection.
A scrapbook about the dedication of the Vengerova Room can be found in the Scrapbook and Clippings Collection.
Controlled Access Headings
- Vengerova, Isabelle, 1877-1956
|Miscelleanous materials||MSS 01||1|