Table of Contents
- Curtis Institute of Music Archives
- Sokoloff, Boris, 1911-1995
- Boris Sokoloff autograph collection
- MSS 30
- Date [inclusive]
- 0.1 Linear feet (1 folder)
- The Boris Sokoloff autograph collection contains autographs that Boris Sokoloff collected from musicians during his career. The collection consists of pages from an autograph album and loose items.
Boris Sokoloff, the son of Cleveland Orchestra conductor Nikolai Sokoloff, studied trumpet with Saul Caston at the Curtis Institute of Music (1934-35) and was manager of the Columbia Artists Community Concerts, assistant manager of the New York Philharmonic, and manager of the Minneapolis Symphony orchestra before he became general manager of the Philadelphia Orchestra (1964-78).
Curtis Institute of Music Archives 2016
1726 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
The collection is open for research.
The collection was donated by Sokoloff’s widow, Nancy Sokoloff, in 2001.
Controlled Access Headings
|Miscellaneous autographs 1923-71||MSS box 4|